- Manage Western Australia’s parks, forests and reserves to conserve wildlife, provide sustainable recreation and tourism opportunities, protect communities and assets from bushfire and achieve other land, forest and wildlife management objectives.
- Inspire and act for wildlife conservation.
- Conserve and enhance Kings Park and Botanic Garden and Bold Park with the community, and to conserve biological diversity generally.
- Grow visitor numbers and yield by providing best-in-class tourism products, experiences and service while enhancing Rottnest Island’s unique heritage and environment.
- Provide scientific excellence and deliver effective conservation of Western Australia’s biodiversity.
Our values describe our commitment to our visitors, colleagues, partners, volunteers and supporters. They are:
- Integrity, a commitment to knowing and doing what is right.
- Collaboration, a commitment to team, partnership and the support of others.
- Accountability, a commitment to being transparent, taking ownership and personal responsibility.
- Respect, a commitment to the respect of people, culture and place.
- Excellence, a commitment to quality, innovation and continuous improvement.
Our internal values charter is supported by specific conduct obligations in the Code of Conduct for the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions.
Vision for services delivered
- Biodiversity and Conservation Science
Best practice biodiversity science and knowledge partnerships underpin conservation of Western Australia’s plants, animals, communities and ecosystems, and management of our lands and waters.
- Botanic Gardens and Parks
To create and provide world recognised botanic gardens and parks and to inspire the conservation of biological diversity.
Parks and Wildlife Service
The natural assets of Western Australia are conserved, protected and valued.
- Perth Zoo
A world where diversity of species and habitats is secure.
- Rottnest Island
Rottnest Island is an internationally recognised, sustainable, must-visit tourism destination.