The Kings Park and Botanic Garden Management Plan provides an overview of management context and the overarching strategic direction, and reports on progress against priorities in the previous management plan.
As funding allows, major initiatives outlined in the plan include:
- Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Western Australian Botanic Garden in 2015 with a range of special community events and commemorate the milestone with the development of new landscape features near the Botanic Garden entry
- Plan and implement improvements at Lotterywest Family Area, Hale Oval and May Drive Parkland to enhance visitor facilities such as paths, play equipment, shelter and associated planting
- Conduct ecological restoration activities, incorporating volunteer involvement where appropriate, to conserve and enhance local native biodiversity.
- Allow a pedestrian link bridge over Winthrop Avenue from the new Perth Children’s Hospital to the edge of Kings Park bushland, and provide new bushland entry statements and upgraded path surfaces to enhance bushland experience
- Plan and construct dedicated volunteer facilities in part of the Eucalyptus Carpark to facilitate improved volunteer engagement and active involvement in expanded volunteer programs throughout the park
- Develop a park-wide tree management strategy to manage public safety risks and conserve the living tree collection throughout Kings Park and Botanic Garden
You can download a copy of the Management Plan below or request a hard copy by contacting the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority.