The following table specifies the new licence types, and a brief outline for each. Application forms are available in the downloads section below. For licence types with no attachment, please contact Wildlife Licensing Section on or (08) 9219 9000 (and select the Wildlife Licensing option).

Flora Licences
Regulation 60Take and supply flora from Crown land for commercial purposes
Regulation 61Take flora from Crown land for non-commercial purposes (ie. research, education, art and hobby, specimen lodgement)
Regulation 62Take flora for inventory work (and obtain specimens for identification purposes) in the provision of environmental consulting services
Regulation 63Supply (and possess for the purpose of supply) flora taken lawfully from private property
Regulation 64Supply (and possess for the purpose of supply) flora taken lawfully from Crown land
Regulation 4 Authority FormTo take flora in CALM Act lands (for example national park, nature reserve)
Three Monthly Return of Protected Flora formForm required to be completed and submitted by flora taking (commercial purposes) licence holders and Private land supplier's licence holders
Flora dealing licence*

Deal in flora

*Dealing exempt under Ministerial order but a requirement to keep records for 2 years from date of purchase

Flora processing licence*Process flora into carved wood, craft wood, wood chips, wood dust, oil, log timber and sawn timber and/or operate a processing establishment
* Please contact Wildlife Licensing Section to obtain copies of the application forms or for any other information.

Biological flora surveys

A person who takes flora for inventory work conducted in the provision of environmental consulting services and obtains specimens for identification purposes associated with this work can do so under a Flora taking (biological assessment) licence.

For more information on the licence requirements, see the fact sheet for Environment Consultants.

Management of commercial harvesting of protected flora in Western Australia (1 July 2018 – 30 June 2023)

The harvesting of native flora in Western Australia for commercial purposes is conducted in accordance with the department’s plan, Management of commercial harvesting of protected flora in Western Australia.

A system of licensing, area and species-specific management, and monitoring has been developed to ensure the conservation of flora being harvested. Please note that the application forms within the document are subject to change. Please refer to the list above for the most up-to-date application forms. The plan is also recognised as an approved Wildlife Trade Management Plan under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act.

Contact details

Contact us for further information on wildlife licensing.

Physical address: 
17 Dick Perry Avenue
Technology Park, Western Precinct

Postal address: 
Wildlife Licensing Section
Locked Bag 30
Bentley Delivery Centre WA 6983

Telephone: +61 8 9219 9831