Perth Water, Buneenboro, is a diverse and interconnected living system. Situated between the Narrows Bridge in the west and Windan Bridge in the east, the area includes the adjacent foreshores of the City of Perth, City of South Perth and Town of Victoria Park. As a backdrop to this unique natural setting, Perth Water, Buneenboro, sits at the epicentre of Perth, an energetic, growing capital city, which has transformed over the last century of economic, commercial and population growth.
How to comment on the draft Perth Water Buneenboro Precinct Plan
Download a copy of the draft Precinct Plan below. Lodge submissions by 5pm Wednesday 23 October 2019.
Email to email@example.com or post to Locked Bag 104 BENTLEY DELIVERY CENTRE WA 6983.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Perth Water Vision Group
This draft Perth Water Precinct Plan is an initiative of the Perth Water Vision Group which comprises eight government agencies, each with a strong interface and active role in Perth Water’s management. The Vision Group has been established to improve cross-agency collaboration and guide the Precinct Plan’s development and implementation.
Members of the Perth Water Vision Group include:
- City of Perth
- City of South Perth
- Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions
- Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage
- Department of Transport
- Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority
- Tourism Western Australia
- Town of Victoria Park
What is the purpose of the Precinct Plan?
The draft Precinct Plan establishes a vision for Perth Water Buneenboro and provides development policy, direction and actions to achieve the vision.
The draft Precinct Plan focuses on respecting the cultural and environmental value of Perth Water, and addresses key development considerations such as tourism and recreation opportunities, commercial use and transport improvements around and across the river.
Key elements of the Precinct Plan
The Precinct Plan comprises two parts:
- Part 1: Development Policy and Requirements – key policy positions to direct and inform all types of development (including use of the land and water) within the precinct, supported by a series of development requirements that are to be addressed and satisfied as part of any development proposal.
- Part 2: Action Plan – a rolling five-year action plan which identifies a list of actions members of the Perth Water Vision Group (PWVG) aim to implement the Precinct Plan vision. The Action Plan will be updated as new actions arise.
Perth Water Aquatic Use Review
The Department of Transport conducts regular aquatic reviews to ensure the safe, equitable and sustainable use of our important waterways. An Aquatic Use Review for Perth Water has been undertaken as part of the Perth Water Precinct Plan.
View the recommendations of the Aquatic Use Review below.
We would like your comment
Download a copy of the draft Perth Water Buneenboro Precinct Plan below.
Please submit your comments by 5pm, Wednesday, 23 October 2019.
- Email to email@example.com
- Post to
BENTLEY DELIVERY CENTRE WA 6983
Who can I contact to find out more?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments specific to the draft Precinct Plan.